Authorized Instructor/Evaluator for Industrial Training Services, Inc.
Conducting Operator Qualifications at Your Location.
Paper-based Classroom or Electronically Online.
CFR 192 Natural Gas.
Thank you for checking out my website, it’s not meant to sell you anything.
I was the OQ classroom instructor and member of the Education Steering Committee for the Tennessee Gas Association from September 2007 until June 2013 when they discontinued their classroom instruction and a backup OQ classroom instructor and member of the Education Steering Committee for the Kentucky Gas Association from 2012 until 2015 when they discontinued their classroom instruction, also for Master Meter Operators, other Natural Gas Utilities and contractors doing work for natural gas companies in several different states. I will conduct operator qualification onsite at your location. I offer consultation concerning pressure regulation (system and end user), relief valves, instrumentation, measurement, odorization
Approved Instructor/Evaluator using Industrial Training Services OQ Material for Different Natural Gas Utility Companies and for Natural Gas Contractors doing work for:
- KUB (Knoxville Utilities Board – Knoxville, TN)
- LG&E (Louisville Gas & Electric – Louisville, KY)
- Mountaineer Gas (West Virginia)
- NiSource: (Columbia Gas of Kentucky, Columbia Gas of Ohio, Columbia Gas of Maryland and Columbia Gas of Virginia)
Previous OQ Classroom Instructor for:
- TGA (Tennessee Gas Association)
- KGA (Kentucky Gas Association)
- OQ classes conducted for other natural gas utilities.
- OQ classes for contractors working for Gas Utilities.
- OQ classes for Master Meter Operators.
- Natural gas safety training for the non-utility industry.
- OQ Training in Tennessee and out of state.
Over 50 years of
hands on experience
I have over 50 years of
Knoxville Utilities Board, Bureau of Gas, Knoxville,
• I Worked the first six years in pipeline construction, started as a laborer, advanced to a truck driver and then to an equipment operator. Also during this period, I worked as a welder’s helper for about a year and a half.
• The remaining twenty-six years were spent in the gas control department. After receiving a degree, by correspondence, in electronics from the DeVry Institute of Technology, I began working as an Instrument Technician. Working with all the electronic and mechanical equipment at the Gate Stations, the district regulator stations remote control equipment and all control equipment in the load dispatch center. I became an electrician and a plumber. Our shop took over all electrical work and regulator station work. We installed and maintained, from the ground up, all piping and equipment in the district regulator stations, gate stations and load dispatch center, including piping, tubing, electrical, electronic, odorization equipment, regulators, relief valves, controllers, Remote Terminal Units, maintenance of all the C
Sevier County Utility District, Sevierville,
• Originally working for Eastern Part, a leak survey contractor, and one of their employees, we began repairing meter leaks, painting meters, installing and programming most of their ERTS (encoder, receiver, transmitters for remote meter reading). I observed their system and as time went on we also began doing meter change outs, residential, commercial, industrial and some regulator station work. I recommended and then implemented a meter change out program including
My last year there, working solely as Alpha-Omega Training, I began training one of the Sevier County Utility employees in the installation, programming, troubleshooting
Tennessee Gas Association – Nashville,
• Operator Qualification classroom instructor and member of the Education Steering Committee.
Kentucky Gas Association – Murray,
• OQ classroom backup instructor and member of the Education Steering Committee.
Mountaineer Gas – West
• Operator Qualification for contractors doing work for Mountaineer Gas around the state.
Louisville Gas & Electric, Louisville, KY : 2017 – Present Time
• Operator Qualification for contractors doing work for LG&E.
NiSource (Columbia Gas of Kentucky, Columbia Gas of Ohio, Columbia Gas of Maryland and Columbia Gas of Virginia): 2019 –
• Operator Qualification for contractors doing work for these NiSource companies.
232 Stone Street, Seymour, TN 37865
If you will follow Jesus, you’ll never get lost.